Waikato Regional Council is responsible for planning, tendering, contracting and marketing the region’s bus services. The operation of the buses is contracted to various bus companies.
In total, our buses serve more than 1,000 bus stops and carry around four million passengers a year. And we try to ensure that our buses are as accessible as possible for those who are mobility, visually or hearing impaired.
- do you have a complaint, compliment or suggestion? Use our online form.
- email us at email@example.com
- visit the Transport Centre BUSIT counter team between 8am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- freephone 0800 205 305 - available 24 hours a day
- if you're calling from outside the Waikato region, you can contact us on 0800 800 401
If your bus is running really late, hasn't turned up or a serious incident has occured, contact GoBus or call us on 0800 205 305.
The Busit Facebook page
The BUSIT Waikato Facebook page is designed to share information about our operations, events and upcoming promotions. We welcome your comments and encourage discussion. We ask that you are polite and respectful with your comments and views. Once comments are posted, Waikato Regional Council reserves the right to delete or ban users for comments, images or links that contain:
- offensive language;
- personal attacks of any kind;
- improper comments that target any ethnic, racial, or religious group;
- spam or include certain links to other sites;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- any other material we deem to be inappropriate;
- trolling - a Facebook term used for a person who purposefully attempts to aggravate, blame or direct abuse to get a response from you in order to inflame a situation further.
Passenger transport service issues outside office hours, or an issue that can not be handled by the 0800 205 305 operators needs to be directed to the individual bus operators listed below.
Appropriate issues for contacting the bus operators are:
- the bus has not turned up
- the bus is running really late
- a serious incident has occured.
Waikato Regional Council's transport policies and plans
Read the Regional Public Transport Plan